THANK YOU, CHATHAM-KENT!
Mary Lou Crowley
Foundation of Chatham-Kent Health Alliance
WE DID IT – $7,062,761!!
Thanks to donors like you,
the Future Is In Focus Campaign was a huge success!
In total, we raised $7,062,761 for the Foundation of Chatham-Kent Health Alliance Diagnostic Imaging Equipment Renewal Campaign to purchase the following:
- a CT Scan Machine (coming in 2018)
- a SPECT-CT Scan Machine (coming in 2018)
- a Mammography Machine (installed Spring 2018)
- 5 Point of Care Ultrasounds Units (installed Fall 2017)
- 7 General Ultrasound Units (installed Fall 2017)
- a Cardiac Ultrasound Unit (installed Fall 2017)
- a Bone Densitometer (installed Spring 2016)
More than 5000 donors just like you saw the need and the value their donation could bring to the community and responded generously.
WHY DID WE NEED YOUR HELP?
The government does not pay for hospital equipment.
Government funding does not pay for equipment such as CT Scanners and Mammography machines. The money to buy new equipment must be raised by hospital foundations through donations from generous donors such as you!
As our Chatham-Kent population ages, the demand for scans is increasing by about 10% every year. Our DI equipment has passed its recommended years of use and is often not working. This is not fair for the patients who need it so critically.
New equipment helps patients in more than one way.
State-of-the-art equipment helps us retain and attract more high-calibre physicians and healthcare professionals. That’s what we need and deserve in Chatham-Kent.
FROM OUR COMMUNITY